Broco’s GOWELD® is currently in use with the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.K. MOD, combat engineering, force protection and vehicle repair specialists. GOWELD enables in-field welding capability by using a vehicle’s own batteries as the power source. Fast, temporary repairs allow for movement of military vehicles under their own power, reducing time and exposure to both personnel and hardware.
GOWELD® is a ’spool gun’ using wire electrode from one or two pound aluminum spools housed within the welder body. It can connect to the vehicle by way of a NATO Slave plug or conventional battery clamps. GOWELD uses either self-shielding flux-cored mild steel welding wire, or gas-shielded aluminum welding wire.
The GOWELDUSMC Kit includes
- GOWELD portale welder with 20′ cable
- 20′ ground cable with clamp
- Slave connector and adapter cable assembly
- Battery clamp harness assembly
- Spare parts set with contact tips, nozzle and insulator, and gas diffuser
- Welding wire
- Accessories and case