• High Audio Fidelity
Ultra-low noise circuit combined with noise suppression circuitry produces crystal clear speech. Automatic gain adjustment will guard audio signal from distortion, enhance speaker protection and audio quality. Increases band width 47%.
• The Wireless Tender Option
Allows hands free operation for the tender and up to five (5) additional remote users with a range of up to 133 yards (122 meters) away from the communicator while in constant contact with all divers.
• Extended Battery Operation Time
Audio amplifier card deploys the state-of-the-art Class-D digital audio power amplifier. Has very low power dissipation, produces less heat, and extends battery life up to 32%.
• Flexible Gain Settings
The audio amplifier card has adjustable gain settings to accommodate different communication applications and environments.
• Ultra-Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
EMI is achieved through spread-spectrum and de-phase control techniques providing for optimum integration with diving systems.
• Outdoor Rated AC Power Module
Weather resistant, IP65 rated AC power entry module accommodates country specific AC power cords.
• Country Specific V-Lock AC Power Cord
At time of order, simply choose the IP54 rated Locking AC power cord you need.
- The wireless tender master transceiver is conveniently installed in the lid of this portable communicator allowing the tender to communicate to divers with hands-free operation and no required buttons to push.
- The wireless headset is self-contained and does not require a belt module. A single charge of the NiCad battery from the included AC adapter is capable of operating (transmitting and receiving) continually for up to 5 hours. In standby mode, battery will last for up to 8 hours.
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set to 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for any diver.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
- Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 Volts Minimum – 16 Volts Maximum)
- AC Power Operating Range : 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input): 5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
- Battery Life: 30 hours
- Dimensions: 10 in. H x 9 in. W x 14.5 in. L (25.4 cm H x 22.9 cm W x 36.8 cm D)
- Weight: 17.35 Lbs. (7.87 Kg)
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM ™ II 2830A-13 Three-Diver Rechargeable Portable Communicator with 28B Wireless Tender Kit, Outdoor AC Power Module and International Locking Power Cord includes:
- (1) 190-0650-03 HUB Rechargeable Battery
- (1) 190-0650-02 Remote Wireless Tender Headset (Dual Ear Muff)
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) Amron 283XA-UM Three-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual